Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Damien Hirst Art Directs The Hours New Video


The Hours new music video for their single, 'See the Light' is art directed by Damien Hirst, and made by 'American History X' director Toney Kaye. The video features Sienna Miller as the crazed, suicidal main character of the video, running through a series of interesting scenarios. The Hours first album also featured artwork from Hirst as well as their next album titled 'See the Light'. Not a bad person to have on your team, Hirst is arguably one of the greatest artists of our time. 

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I'm glad you used the word "arguable" in that last sentence. Sure, in terms of prices, he is one of the most successful artists of our time. But as far as greatest artists? I'm not so sure.

He used to intrigue me. However, in the last 10 years I've become sort of disillusioned with his whole approach to art. He is clever, and ingenious.. but once I started to see his skulls (hardly a unique logo) on Levi's tees for $55 I lost interest in even his most challenging work.