Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brooklyn Machine Works



the continuing dry weather has been proper for getting out and having some mashing rides. the more time I spend on my bike the more I figure out how to manipulate it, and what it's limitations are.. and while I'm not quite pushing it to the brink of failure, I definitely think about what sort of setup might work better for different sorts of riding. Brooklyn Machine Works hand-make frames and parts right in NY, and their Gangsta bike (pictured above) is a track frame that is geared far more towards the fixed-freestyle side of things as opposed to the velodrome. with enough frame clearance to barspin 700 series tires, this is the jam! I'd also like to have one of the TT Cruiser bikes (pictured below) for cruising around in the 'hood. with a great manufacturing mantra, full lineup of urban + offroad bikes, and a distinct style, BMW is definitely pushing it forward. 


No comments: