Sunday, January 4, 2009

wants and needs: Canon G10

Recently I have really been getting back into photography (more specifically film photography), but I have been looking to get a new digital camera. I have a compact Canon Elph but was really looking to step to the DSLR range. The only problem that I find with a regular DSLR is the lack of portability and sheer bulk size. I wanted a camera that I could fit into my pocket but still had the capabilities and functions of performing like a DSLR.  Through plenty of research I came across the newest member of the G series from Canon, the G10. It has all the functions of a DSLR but is the size of a compact digital camera. It has the option of shooting RAW format with 14.7 mega pixels as well as many other notable functions. Not only are the functions and features right up my alley but it is also very well designed and aesthetically pleasing. It has the look of a vintage style camera and is also constructed like a tank. All in all I'm very happy with the camera so far, so if you're in the market for a new digital take a look at the G10 - it is a winner in all categories in my books.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

g10 is definitely a rocket, john prolly has some good samples of what it can accomplish - the video is quite impressive. I have an olympus e-410 in the mail, definitely worth a consideration. Vintage compact style and throw in a pancake lens, no bigger then something like a g10 with full dslr capabilities. Once it arrives in the mail a full review will be posted.

84/85 said...

John, looking forward to reading your review on the Olympus e-410. I have been very pleased with the G10 so far, it was a toss up between that and the Panasonic Lumix LX3. The pros of the Lumix is that its a little more compact and has HD video capabilities. The Durable construction was what really sold me on the G10.